Invitation for Bids
Republic of Uzbekistan
Tashkent Sewerage Project
Procurement of Machinery & Maintenance
IDB Istisna’a Financing ID No: UZB 053
1. This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared on the website of the Islamic Development Bank (www.isdb.org), UzReport website (http://tenders.uzreport.com), Newspaper “Narodnoye slovo”, Issue No.34 dated February 17, 2012 and Newspaper “Biznes vestnik Vostoka”, Issue No.24 dated February 16, 2012.
2. The Municipality of Tashkent City has received an Istisna’a financing from the IDB toward the cost of Tashkent Sewerage Project, and it intends to apply part of this financing for payments under the contract for procurement of Machinery & Maintenance Equipment.
3. The Department of Investments of Tashkent City Municipality now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Supply of Machinery and Maintenance Equipment for State Unitary Enterprise (SUE) "Suvsoz":
Lot 1. Earthmoving equipment
Hydraulic wheel excavator with mounted hammer, shovel capacity 0.8 - 1.0 m3 1
Hydraulic wheel excavator, shovel capacity 0,58 - 0,75 m3 1
Wheel front-end loader, shovel capacity 1.5-2.0 m3 1
Lot 2. Motor Vehicles and Special Purpose Vehicles
Light crane truck, lifting capacity – 10 -14 t 1
Crane truck, lifting capacity - 16 t 1
Dump truck with taillift self-discharging body, lifting capacity – 10-14 t 4
Vacuum Sludge Suction truck, tank capacity 6-8 m3 1
Sewer flusher, volume of water tank 8-10 m3 2
Pneumatic wheel mobile compressor, output minimum 10 m3/min 2
Delivery of the Goods specified in the aforementioned Lots should include spare parts for a three-year operation period following commencement of the use of the Goods by the Purchaser and a set of special tools, if required, for installation, maintenance and repair of the supplied Goods, as well as the Related Services, the List of which is provided in Section VI, Schedule of Requirements of the Bidding Documents. Structure of the Lots, detailed technical requirements to the procured Goods and their quantities are provided in Section VII, Technical Specifications of the Bidding Documents.
Bidders can bid for any or all of the Lots specified in the Bidding Documents.
Bids evaluation and Contract award shall be made on Lot by Lot basis.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive bidding procedure specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under IDB Financing, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in these Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the office of Project Management Unite and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Tashkent time – GMT +5) from Monday to Friday.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$ 200 or its equivalent in Uzbek Soums at the exchange rate set by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the day of payment. Payment shall be made by a Bank transfer to one of the following accounts of Department of Investments of Tashkent City Municipality:
Tashkent Regional Branch of National Bank for Foreign Economic Activity
of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Account (for transactions in USD) No. 20410840804273915004
Account (for transactions in UZS) No. 20410000704273915004
Bank code: 00832
SWIFT code: NBFAUZ2X
All banking charges and fees relating to the Bank transfer shall be for the Bidder’s account. Cashiers and certified checks are not accepted. The Bidding Documents will be sent by airmail or courier service and also may be collected by Bidders’ authorized representatives from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Tashkent time) at the address below upon presentation of the Bidder’s a power of attorney and documents confirming payment of the non-refundable fee to one of the above accounts.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 3.00 p.m. (Tashkent time) on 18.07.2012. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security at the amount of:
- Lot 1: US$ 15,000 (US$ Fifteen Thousand)
- Lot 2: US$ 35,000 (US$ Thirty Five Thousand)
- Lot 1 & Lot 2 (combined): US$ 50,000 (US$ Fifty Thousand)
or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 3.30 p.m. on 18.07.2012.
The address for further information and pick-up of bidding documentation is:
IDB Project Management Unit office
The State Unitary Enterprise “Suvsoz”
Room 218, 2, Chekhov Str., Tashkent City, 100060, Uzbekistan
Tel: + (998-71) 252-1929;
Fax: + (998-71) 252-1929; + (998-71)1207009
PIU Director, Dilshod Azizov
The address for submission of bids is:
The Department of Investment of Tashkent City Municipality
6, Amir Temur Str., 2d floor, Conference Room.
Tashkent, 100 000, SPS, Republic of Uzbekistan
Tel: +998 71 2521929 Fax: +998 71 1207009