Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the official website of the Islamic Research and Training Institute. Use of this website constitutes agreement by users of this website with the following terms and conditions:
1. The Islamic Research and Training Institute ("IRTI") maintains this website (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("User(s)"). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. IRTI is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
2. IRTI administers this Site. IRTI is a member of the IDB Group, which is comprised of the Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC) and the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC). All Material on this Site from the various members of the IDB Group appears on this Site subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the IDB Group may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their materials.
3.Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the IRTI's Boards of Executive Directors.
4. Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. IRTI specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. IRTI periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall IRTI be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall IRTI be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if IRTI has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that IRTI is not liable for any conduct of any User.
6. This Site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. IRTI does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any User of this Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither IRTI, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
7. As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify IRTI from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
8. Nothing on this Site or any Materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations, an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of IRTI to subscribe for, purchase or sell any shares or securities or other financial instruments nor should it be considered as investment advice.
9. This Site may contain forward looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that might cause actual results to differ from those foreseen.
Copyright, Trademark and Permitted Use
10. User may reproduce or translate a limited extract of IRTI from this Site free of charge and without written permission from IRTI , provided that IRTI is cited as the source and, with respect to translations, a statement is included that the translation is not an official IRTI translation. By way of guidance, a "limited extract" means any extract of not more than 400 words of text or two tables or graphs, and in any case not exceeding 10 % of the relevant IRTI material.
11. User who wishes to reproduce or translate more than a limited extract of IRTI Materials, or who wish to modify IRTI Materials, should submit a permission request to IRTI.
12. Some IRTI Materials may contain references to materials from third parties, for which copyright must be honoured.
13. Some names on this Site as well in some IRTI Materials, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of IRTI, related organizations, institutions, companies or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trademark law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
14. This Site contains links to thirdparty web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of IRTI and IRTI is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. IRTI provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by IRTI.
15. If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
16. User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by IRTI, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by IRTI. IRTI reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
17. These terms and conditions of use will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the Principles of Islamic Shariah. Any action to enforce these terms and conditions shall be brought in London before a three (3) persons arbitration panel under the Rules of the London Court of International Arbitration (the "Rules"), which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The decision of the arbitration panel so constituted shall be final and binding to the parties.
Preservation of Immunities
18. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of IRTI, which are specifically reserved.
19. IRTI reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. IRTI shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
20. IRTI reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
21. No waiver by IRTI of any provision of these terms and conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.